[Olsr-users] Using multiple radio cards

Derek C (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 7 18:40:15 CEST 2008

Hi again,

On multiple radio cards:  I'm new to AdHoc networking but I know that
AdHoc networks don't hunt for APs over different frequencies like the
typical AP->STA type setup.

I was hoping to have a dual [backbone] radio setup with one omni antenna
and one directional antenna per node to try to allow for links with
increased range over omni -> omni arrangements.

It does seem counter-productive to me to use the same frequency for two
individual radio cards - surely the interference would cause major
slow-downs in communications?  (even more so than in a repeating single
radio card setup due to re-transmissions?).  Funny though because I think
I've read over people's setup with two radio cards set to the same
frequency.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on dual radio setups?

thanks,

Derek

Derek C
In Ireland