[Olsr-users] Yippie - routing now working (due to LinkQualityLevel setting)

Derek C (spam-protected)
Thu Aug 7 18:12:02 CEST 2008

NOTE: SORRY - somehow I posted my message to the olsr dev mailing list
rather than the users one (and I'm not on the dev mailing list either).

Hi again,

To let you know - quite blindly I started modifying olsrd.conf settings to
see if the routing would start working - and it paid off.

I switched "UseHysteresis" to "no" and then I changed "LinkQualityLevel"
from "0" (default) to "1" - after this, and a olsrd restart of course,
routing came up!

Actually I had avoided the LinkQualityLevel setting because I thought it
really was "Hysteresis" OR "LinkQualityLevel" and Hysteresis sounded like
a better system to opt for...

thanks,

Derek

Derek C