[Olsr-users] OLSR Pro Active autoconfig news?

Alex . (spam-protected)
Thu Nov 29 18:57:55 CET 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 3:35 AM, Roar Bjørgum Rotvik <(spam-protected)> wrote:
> Alex . wrote:
> > https://garage.maemo.org/projects/olsr
>
> So this is a duplicate effort of olsr.org and olsr-paa?
> Or are you just trying to create a package with everything needed? :)
>
> My plan is to get the paa plugin incorporated into the olsr code tree, so it is included.
>
> You mention "service discovery" on this page, what do you mean exactly?

It's really just a packaging effort geared toward users of the Maemo
platform as it is the first (only for now) platform that i can play
with and test it on :-)
I'm not going to fix bugs in the upstream version there or anything...
(unless it's just to make it compile / work for users in the short
term...)

By service discovery i meant running avahi or the like over the
OLSR-PAA after it's up. This way people can find each other and
connect to services etc...
But that's just to explain the goal in the long run and give people an
idea of what we're aiming for... (Buzzwords and all ;-)
I don't have any specific solution right now and i haven't ran OLSR
yet and still waiting for another Maemo device, but in time! :-)

cheers!
Alex