[Olsr-users] Strange problem with OLSR (unable to build topology)

Florian RODARY (spam-protected)
Tue Nov 27 08:03:23 CET 2007

Hello,

I'm facing a problem that appeared just today.
I'm dealing with a simple three nodes ad-hoc topology.
When running OLSRd for the first time on Orinoco-equipped nodes, nothing
appears in the debugging output. I've found that running a tcpdump instance
will cause instantly OLSRd to react and build the topology. It seems that
switching promiscuous states will resolve the problem.

This problem is strange since it worked well before. I don't think it's OLSR
related, but rather Orinoco related since Tx excessive retries and Rx
invalid frag counters in iwconfig are incremented before running tcpdump.
Does anyone have any idea about that, or faced the same similar problem ?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Florian