[OLSR-users] AW: olsr-users Digest, Vol 38, Issue 19

Joerg Pommnitz (spam-protected)
Thu May 3 10:22:16 CEST 2007

> OLSRD as such is a normal user-space process and can use whatever
> interface (as in "eth0", "wlan0", "vlan101", "tap0" or whatever it is
> called) is present. The only requirement ATM is, that you can you can
> broadcast over it.

Not even broadcast support is required. I have used olsrd-0.4.10 to connect networks like this:
OLSR over GRE-Tunnel over PPP over ssh over PPP over UMTS

You just have to set the "broadcast address" to the address of your peer.
In case you are wondering: This was used to connect two disjoined parts of an ad-hoc network.

--
Regards

       Joerg

       __________________________________ Yahoo! Clever - Der einfachste Weg, Fragen zu stellen und Wissenswertes mit Anderen zu teilen. www.yahoo.de/clever