[Olsr-users] One WLAN interface for both 801.11 infrastructure & OLSR?

zeta zappa (spam-protected)
Wed Aug 22 12:49:35 CEST 2007

Hi all -

I am a new user experimenting with OLSR for laptop
internet connectivity.  After reading the
documentation, is it possible to have a laptop with a
WLAN card attach to both a 802.11 network in
infrastructure mode (to connect to the Internet), and
a MANET using OLSR?  Thus the laptop would be the
gateway between MANET devices and the Internet.  Here
is the catch: the laptop only has one WLAN interface;
there is not the option to connect to the internet via
ethernet.

Assuming this is possible (perhaps a big assumption),
which is the best way?  Is there a way to do via HNA4
and INTERFACES in olsrd.conf?  Or should I be looking
at a different olsrd.conf option?

A related question:  where is the SSID set?  Or in
this scenario, will the gateway laptop propigate the
SSID of the 801.11 AP?

Thanks for any advice!

Zeta