[OLSR-users] olsr newbie questions

Drew (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 30 06:12:07 CEST 2006

For the sake of the archives, I fixed my problem by setting:
Ip4Broadcast                255.255.255.255

I also had to turn off hysteresis to avoid a constant loop of routes
being added then deleted then added ...
UseHysteresis   no

I was also expecting to see the routes show up in my routing table with
the "D" or "M" flags set:

*Flags*
    Possible flags include *U* (route is *up*) *H* (target is a *host*)
    *G* (use *gateway*) *R* (*reinstate* route for dynamic routing) *D*
    (*dynamically* installed by daemon or redirect) *M* (*modified* from
    routing daemon or redirect) *A* (installed by *addrconf*) *C*
    (*cache* entry) *!* (*reject* route)
http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/route.8.html

But I only ever see U, G, or H. Is there a reason OLSR doesn't set the D
or M flags when it adds routes?

Thanks,
Drew