[OLSR-users] olsr newbie questions

Drew (spam-protected)
Sat Mar 25 21:55:03 CET 2006

Right now we have a small wireless network (~8 nodes) setup with static
routing, and we'd like to switch to something dynamic. I've setup olsr
on 2 of the nodes (mine and one I'm linked to directly), and put all the
addresses I want routed into the HNA4 section on both, and all of the
interfaces in the interfaces line of the .conf.

If I delete the static route of 192.168.4.0/24 from my machine, and then
run olsrd -d 1 on both, I can see that his 192.168.4.1 shows up as a
neighbor, (and his 172.27.0.9 address too in links) but when I type
route, I don't see 192.168.4.1 added to my route table. Also, his
machine is set to route 10.88.4.0/24 as well as some others, but those
don't show up anywhere, and I notice that the topology section is blank
as well. Am I right to expect olsr to add the routes to my route table
(route -n), or am I missing something?

--- 12:33:18.95 ---------------------------------------------------- LINKS

IP address       hyst   LQ     lost   total  NLQ    ETX
172.27.0.9       0.938  0.000  0      0      0.000  0.00

--- 12:33:18.95 ------------------------------------------------ NEIGHBORS

IP address       LQ     NLQ    SYM   MPR   MPRS  will
192.168.4.1      0.000  0.000  NO    NO    NO    3

--- 12:33:18.95 ------------------------------------------------- TOPOLOGY

Source IP addr   Dest IP addr     LQ     ILQ    ETX

mine:
Hna4
{
#   Internet gateway: