AW: [OLSR-users] Problems with 0.4.10 when changing IP address of the main interface

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 28 11:13:39 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 00:41 -0800, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Hello Andreas,
> first thanks for caring and taking the time to respond.
>
> To answer your questions: this is IPv4, and yes, the address of the
> interface really changes. This is not just an alias. I have a tcpdump
> that shows the HELLO messages as seen on a neighbour node. The source
> address in the IP-Header changes as expected, but the originator

That is probaly set by the kernel.

>  address in the HELLO message itself remains the old one. This caused

That is surely set by OLSRD itself.
The question is: How does olsrd gets an IP interface address change to
know?
Or do we want to load the "current IP address" every time (or every 10
seconds or so) olsrd sends a packet?

>  a routing loop in my setup.

[ Top-Quote deleted ]

	Bernd