AW: [OLSR-users] Problems with 0.4.10 when changing IP address of the main interface

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 28 11:27:48 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 11:13 +0200, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-03-28 at 00:41 -0800, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> > Hello Andreas,
> > first thanks for caring and taking the time to respond.
> >
> > To answer your questions: this is IPv4, and yes, the address of the
> > interface really changes. This is not just an alias. I have a tcpdump
> > that shows the HELLO messages as seen on a neighbour node. The source
> > address in the IP-Header changes as expected, but the originator
>
> That is probaly set by the kernel.
>
> >  address in the HELLO message itself remains the old one. This caused
>
> That is surely set by OLSRD itself.
> The question is: How does olsrd gets an IP interface address change to
> know?
> Or do we want to load the "current IP address" every time (or every 10
> seconds or so) olsrd sends a packet?

Hmm, using SIGUSR1[0] for this purpose (i.e. notifying olsrd to reread
the IP adress) is probably the cleanest solution ?

> >  a routing loop in my setup.

	Bernd

[0]: Yes, I'm proposing to not use SGHUP to have it free for a real
     "reread complete configuration" implementation at some time in the
     future.
          Embedded Linux Development and Services