[OLSR-users] help in setting Freifunk what should I do to have a seamless network on top of Freifunk routers?

Filipe Sampaio Rodrigues (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 23 16:04:52 CET 2006

Hi,
what should I do to have a seamless network on top of Freifunk routers?
I am new to OLSR. My apologies for this eventually naive query.
Anyway, I have bought 2 wrt54gs  and flash them with freifunk firmware.
Everything seams to be working ok but I cannot bridge the wireless and
LAN network making a whole single network.
So I can ping all the machines connected to the two nodes (either
wireless or RJ45) but I cannot connect to all of them. As if it wasn´t 1
single network.
Here goes the definitions I have:

Node 1:
OLSR
OLSR DHCP: 104.3.2.0/26,255.255.255.192
Wireless
WLAN Protocol: Static
IP Address: 104.3.2.1
Netmask: 255.0.0.0
WLAN Mode: Ad Hoc (Peer to Peer)
ESSID: Lil-Mesh
TX Power: 84
Radio Mode: B Only
Transmission Rate: 1 Megabit/s
LAN
LAN Protocol: Static
LAN IP:192.168.5.1
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Disable Firewall: Checked
WAN
WAN Protocol: DHCP
Hostname: lil1-wrt54g

Node 2:
OLSR
OLSR DHCP: 104.3.2.64/26,255.255.255.192
Wireless
IP Address: 104.3.2.65
LAN
LAN IP:192.168.6.1
WAN
Hostname: lil2-wrt54g

disable firewall is checked on both nodes.

what should I do to have a seamless network on top of Freifunk routers?

hope someone can help me on this.

thanks a lot,
filipe