[OLSR-users] help in setting Freifunk what should I do to have a seamless network on top of Freifunk routers?

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Thu Mar 23 17:56:19 CET 2006

Filipe,

Bridging is a no-no in olsr networks. OLSR is routing. Same as on the
internet. Suppose every web server in the world is bridged to your PC. That
will be a *lot* of traffic - to much to be practical. Internet uses routing
too.

For this reason, a private PC connected to one-of-4*LANs can contact
stations in the OLSR network using NAT (same NAT you use on a ISP connection
if you plug in a small network). For this reason, the 192.168.1.x are not to
be used on OLSR.

Use tunneling to connect 2 privates, e.g. PPTP(Win) -> WRT -olsr-> WRT ->
PPTP(Win). Look in your favorite VPN-Howto (PPTP, OpenVpn, Cipe) on how to
setup this.

Sven-Ola

"Filipe Sampaio Rodrigues" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:(spam-protected)