[OLSR-users] Filtering IP addresses.

Julien Biezemans (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 9 15:09:58 CEST 2006

Hi!

It's been some days I'm paticipating to an olsr-based wifi network
covering the city I live in. It works great except that olsr sometimes
inject "invalid" routes in my host's cache.

The wifi network is on the 10.0.0.0/8 subnet but some people configure
(or should I say do NOT configure) their olsr daemon to propagate their
LAN IP addresses. It results in addresses from 192.168.*.* and 172.* to
be announced by their OLSRd. Those can pollute the local routing table.
Is there a way to force OLSR to ignore adresses not in a specified
subnet? Asking other users to re-configure their OLSR daemon is not an
option here.

Thank you!

Julien.