[OLSR-users] Help with OLSR Mesh

Ong Chin Kiat (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 9 16:40:30 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently attempting to set up an OLSR-based mesh network using 4 Linux
boxes. The OLSRd daemon is running fine, and the topology table as well as
the routing table looks ok. However, due to the fact that the 4 nodes are
next to each other (in a lab environment), the transfer of data is through
direct connection, which actually negates the effects of OLSR on the
performance of the mesh.

Hence, I would like to know if it is possible to force the data to go
through another node before reaching the destination. If so, how can I do
it? I have tried to add one more wireless interface on the destination, such
that ath0 has address 10.0.0.4 with route metric 30 and ath1 has address
10.0.0.5 with route metric 10. But then the problem here is that if I send
data out to one IP address, then I am totally bypassing the route metric
system.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Ong Chin Kiat