[OLSR-users] OLSR and bluetooth

Kosta Welke (spam-protected)
Thu Jan 5 15:10:25 CET 2006

Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:

> Now that that is roaming the back of my head: Neighbour detection is
> IMHJO generally a layer 2 issue: you can't detect your neighbours with
> IP [0] but must broadcast on the layer below (i.e. on the MAC layer in
> the ethernet world) to get (all) neighbours.

Yeah, I used the term "node discovery" abiguously. As you said, one
aspect is Layer 2 (which olsr doesnt handle) and the other aspect is IP.
As soon as an interface is present and configured, olsr can do its magic.

Luckily, olsr can deal with dynamic interface creation, so that I can
tell it do work on interface that could be created as soon as a
connection is established.

In other words: olsr can deal with bluetooth ad-hoc networks; but I
couldnt find any bluetooth app that automatically connects to devices in
its neighbourhood... which means I have to hack one together, propably
based on pand.

I'll let you know if I get it to work.

Kosta