[OLSR-users] duplicate IP behaviour

Kosta Welke (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 12 20:59:56 CET 2006

Andreas Tønnesen wrote:
> I agree that the best solution might be that olsrd exits when encountering
> a IP duplicate.. but I'm not 100% sure(perhaps this should be yet another
> configurable option). But multiple nodes using the same main address will
> have a very bad impact on the network. So I guess what I'm saying is that
> we should enforce some sort of DAD which tries to make the network kind of
> "self healing" bu terminating the conflicting clients.

What about olsrd just invoking a script when it detects an IP duplicate?
(Or should be "olsrd stops, invokes script, restarts?", I think this is
unnecessary, but you're the olsr guru)

I am using IP zeroconf and olsr (in a small research envrionment) and if
  could olsr detect IP address conflicts, that would be great (ARP
doesnt really help in an olsr'd net). For me, invoking a script that
rolls the dice for just another IP address would seem like a good solution.

Just my 2 cents,
Kosta