[OLSR-users] duplicate IP behaviour

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 12 22:17:52 CET 2006

Hey Kosta,

Sounds like a fair plan. DAD must be done on layer3 (or higher) as long
as our mesh routing protocol works on this layer. So olsrd should prabably
take action when a duplicate is detected.
I think having a config option on what action to take in such a case is
a good
solution. This could be either executing a command or terminating olsrd.
A restart should not be required in your case since olsrd picks up changes
in interface configurations. I think we should add logic for olsrd to stop
emitting messages when a duplicate is detected for as long as the IP does
not change. Hmm... I'll have a look at this the next time I sit down with
olsrd :-)

- Andreas