[OLSR-users] duplicate IP behaviour

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Sun Feb 12 16:29:09 CET 2006

As long as two nodes share the same _main_ address, then the nodes should
just discard the packets originating from eachother. You should see a
message like "Not processing message originating from us!"
As for messages beeing forwarded via other nodes I'll look that up later
(when I get back home).
I agree that the best solution might be that olsrd exits when encountering
a IP duplicate.. but I'm not 100% sure(perhaps this should be yet another
configurable option). But multiple nodes using the same main address will
have a very bad impact on the network. So I guess what I'm saying is that
we should enforce some sort of DAD which tries to make the network kind of
"self healing" bu terminating the conflicting clients.
But I can't remember having implemented a termination if this occurs...
Well - I'll have a look at it later on.

- Andreas