[OLSR-users] re: HNA - what do I set Gateway to?

Kosta Welke (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 27 09:44:55 CEST 2006

P C wrote:
> Could someone point me to a practical how-to with plenty of examples in english on configuring olsr wireless nodes?

I do not think this exists, but it would be cool to have a howto for
beginners.
Basically, you only need to start olsrd on each node and specify the
correct interface. If nodes dont see each other (dont show up in the
list), then there is propably something wrong with their broadcast
addresses. On your gateway hosts, you need to configure HNA, but that
should be covered in the manpage.

> Our internet gateways use HNA, but I still can't get it working.
> I want our olsr nodes to also serve Non-olsr client PCs.
> Should the node's DHCP server serve the node's own IP address
> as the Gateway & DNS to the Non-olsr client PCs?  Right now,
> I can't get this to work unless I set them to a real gateway.

If you want to serve non-olsr clients, then your DHCP server needs to
set a gateway. I do not know how that interacts with HNA, maybe its best
if your olstr clients ignore the DHCP gateway.

However, I did not really understand your network structure.

HTH,
Kosta