[OLSR-users] olsr forking to background

Andreas Petersson (spam-protected)
Fri Mar 11 11:46:34 CET 2005

> This probably wouldn't help you if you are creating a startup script for
> an incompatible or embedded distros, but I just wanted you to know about
> this option.

you are right, i am writing this script for the FunkFeuer branded
Openwrt distro.

in addition to just starting and stopping olsr, it does 2 additional things:

1) watch the process table, to see if olsr is still running, and if not,
it restarts it.

2) watch the speed of the wireless interfaces, and adjust the
LinkQualityMult parameter accordingly, and if the change is over a
threshold, it rebuilds the olsrd.conf and restarts olsrd.

-andreas