[OLSR-users] experiences with LinkQualityMult limits

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Tue Mar 1 13:57:26 CET 2005

Hi Andreas,

> would it be too demanding to ask for floating point vairables?

[...]

As you say yourself - using a floating point representation of link
quality values would change the layout of LQ HELLO and LQ TC messages. I
wouldn't want to do this right now. I am sure that we'll extend the LQ
code once it has become stable and that we'll then experiment with new
metrics. As this might also mean that we have to change the LQ HELLO and
LQ TC messages, I'd like to consider your suggestion again when we're
working on this, so that we only have to change the layout of LQ HELLOs
and LQ TCs once.

-Thomas