[OLSR-users] Re: OLSR Network Dying

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 29 12:03:03 CEST 2005

Andrew,

you configured your wlan ifaces with netmask 255.255.255.0 while having a
hard 255.255.255.255 broadcast in /etc/olsrd.conf. This may or may not the
reason for your observation, but I recommend to use the "official" 10.x.x.x
netmask (which is 255.0.0.0) because this works for all other networks I
know about.

And: with that netmask no direct ping to neighbours is possible without host
routes.

Sven->Ola

"Andrew Hodel" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
The only thing I can think of is the interface netmask.  It seems it
can't be this because in the route table the direct host route with a
genmask of 255.255.255.255 is before any network route.

Any ideas what is wrong, entire network is down...