[OLSR-users] Error with multiple interfaces

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 22 01:14:02 CEST 2005

Hi there,

Couldn't we just bind to the interface address on the BSD and Linux port?
This should also make olsrd see broadcast traffic. Or am I missing
something?At least that's what we do for Windows.

I have attached a patch to src/unix/ifnet.c that implements a quick and
dirty hack that should do the job on Linux and BSD. Unfortunately I only
have access to a single IPv4 Linux machine at the moment, so I cannot
really test. But it looks like olsrd binds the socket to the right address
at least.

Could you give the patch a try, Holger?

Thanks,
-Thomas