[OLSR-users] Re: Route information changing too quickly

Philippe Vanhaesendonck (spam-protected)
Fri Jun 10 09:19:29 CEST 2005

Hi!

You are using LQ and your parameters are rather 'defaults' here.

Consider increaseing the 'ValidityTime' parameters to 20-30 seconds.
We saw a big improvement in route stability after doing that.
(See the recommandations / explanations at the end of the
http://www.olsr.org/docs/README-Link-Quality.html page regarding this)

--
Phil.

Andrew Hodel said:
> Forgot to add, here is the olsrd.conf file on *every* node (except for
> the hna stuff):
>
> mnode1:~# cat /etc/olsrd.conf
> DebugLevel      0
> IpVersion       4
> Hna4
> {
> 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
> }
> AllowNoInt      yes
> Willingness     6
> UseHysteresis   no
> LinkQualityLevel        2
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_httpinfo.so.0.1"
> {
>         PlParam "Net"   "0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0"
>         PlParam "port"  "8080"
> }
> LoadPlugin "olsrd_nameservice.so.0.2"
> {
>         PlParam "name"  "mnode1"
>         PlParam "hosts-file"    "/var/run/hosts_olsr"
> }
> Pollrate        0.05
> Interface "wlan0"
> {
>     Ip4Broadcast                255.255.255.255
> }
>

> Andrew
>

> On 6/9/05, Andrew Hodel <(spam-protected)> wrote:
>> On my olsr network, most of the nodes are fairly static (attached to
>> buildings).  I have some problems with large downloads failing which I
>> suspect is due to the route changing during the middle of the
>> download.
>>
>> I also have intermittent problems when doing anything over the network
>> on some nodes which have multiple links (7 or 8) and a few links are
>> good (.9+ LQ).
>>
>> Anyone have suggestions on what I could do to resolve some of these
>> problems?
>>

>> Andrew

Philippe