[OLSR-users] Secure Plugin

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 29 12:41:40 CEST 2005

> so , remember to get your clocks in sync.

I don't know if I am missunderstanding you here, but just to clarify: the
secure plugin does _not_ depend on synchronized clocks. It has it's own
timeskew detection mechanism.

> one thing to note, do you think a poor old wrt54g mips 200mhz
> processor can handle the olsr encryption, because we can't seem to
> reverse engineer the hardware crypto chip on board, crypto is done in
> software :-(, I've not checked the overhead, but I presume it maybe
> too much for these to handle in software...

I don't think the SHA-1/MD5 calculations should be too CPU intensive for
the WRT54g. Remember, the plugin only uses checksums, not encryption.

- Andreas

---------
Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org