[OLSR-users] Secure Plugin

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Fri Jul 29 13:08:02 CEST 2005

> timeskew detection!!! wow...., my knowlege if this plugin is poor,
> I'll get reading and start using it!!!!!

The plugin is not very well tested regarding sclability, so there might be
various issues. The implementation is also kind of a quick and dirty and
could use an overhaul, but it should work :-) You can read more about it
at:
http://www.olsr.org/docs/report_html/node156.html
I don't know if the plugin is much used - perhaps other olsr-users
subscribers have experimented with it?

> I was running ospf on the wrt's before, and using encryption (md5
> hash) took the load well over 80% :-(,

Oucth... That dosn't sound too promising. Let us know of your results if
you test the secure plugin. Note that a MD5 implementation can be compiled
directly into the plugin so that there is no dependency on openssl(for
SHA-1 you'll need openSSL).

- Andreas

---------
Andreas Tønnesen