[OLSR-users] OLSR compatibility with Microsoft Embedded Visual C++

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 20 13:29:18 CEST 2005

Hi Gary,

I am happy to hear that you've been able to compile the code. Pretty
interesting that a simple application works, but olsrd doesn't. It would
be interesting to see what adding

  printf("Hello, world.\n");
  fflush(stdout);

at the very beginning of the main() function in the olsrd code (file
main.c) does. Let's see whether olsrd prints anything, i.e. whether
olsrd makes it into main() or whether it crashes during initialization
of the runtime libraries. If the latter is the case, the problem might
arise from compiler options that olsrd uses but your "Hello, world."
application doesn't use. Hmm.

Unfortunately I do not know a lot about Windows CE. It's basically a
miracle that I was able to get the code to compile on this platform. :-)
So, I am afraid that I cannot be of any help regarding emulators.

I'd love to remain up to date regarding your progress, as I'll spend
more time looking into the CE port again in August. Let's get release
0.4.10 working on CE.

-Thomas