[OLSR-users] OLSR compatibility with Microsoft Embedded Visual C++

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Wed Jul 13 13:10:17 CEST 2005

Hi Gary,

currently it's pretty hard to compile the sources for olsrd with
anything else than GCC. The source code makes use of GCC-specific
extensions in some places (e.g. macros with a variable number of
arguments), which are not supported by (Embedded) Visual C++. That's
also the main reason why the Windows port uses GCC instead of VC++.

But the source code for GCC 0.4.9 can be compiled ("make OS=wince") with
the WinCE/ARM cross-compiler at the following URL:

  http://mamaich.kasone.com

However, I've tried to run the resulting executable on a PocketPC once
and it crashed even before olsrd could output its startup banner. Looks
like a tool chain problem. I haven't investigated yet.

-Thomas