[OLSR-users] bugreport: olsrd crashing sometimes at funkfeuer

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 22 19:04:19 CET 2005

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for reporting this. Could you run olsrd on the PCs in the GNU
debugger? I assume that you're using Linux. Simply compile the source
code and then say "gdb ./olsrd" in the "olsrd-current" directory to
debug the compiled executable. Do not use the executable installed to
/usr/sbin/olsrd, as debug information is removed during the
installation. Once the executable crashes, say "backtrace" in the
debugger, so that I can see exactly where it crashes.

You might be seeing one of the bugs that I fixed last Wednesday when
testing at c-base. But still, please debug the version with which you
see the crashes and not the current CVS version. Let's find out whether
you're seeing that same bugs as I.

Thanks for your help.

-Thomas