[OLSR-users] Windows: does not route/nat

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 15 09:36:23 CET 2005

> I thought I don't have to enable routing or something else in windows
> manually. Sounds like I misunderstood something ;-)

Well - both yes and no. Olsrd makes sure internal routing in the OLSR
network works(including enabling IP forwarding in the OS). But as soon as
a node decides to announce itself as a GW to an external network, olsr
will only set up a route to that node and do nothing more. Ofcause in a
perfect IPv6'ish world, everybody would have a global address assigned and
there would be no need for things like NAT :)
One could create a installer/setup application that enabled NAT(if
desired) and ran olsrd with HNA announcement, but this is beyond the scope
of olsrd itself IMO.

- Andreas