[OLSR-users] Windows: does not route/nat

(spam-protected) (spam-protected)
Tue Feb 15 08:00:51 CET 2005

I thought I don't have to enable routing or something else in windows
manually. Sounds like I misunderstood something ;-)

Hi Dianiel,

I might missunderstand your question, but to me it sounds like olsrd is
doing just what
it is supposed to :-) The gateways set up in a OLSR routed network must
be able to
act like gateways and OLSR is in no way responsible for setting up
things like NAT on
gateways. OLSR adds default routes via nodes announcing Internet
connectivity,
this is based on the assumption that theese nodes actually can route
traffic to and from
Internet. Setting up a NAT enabled gateway is something you must do
manually in your
case.

If you have set PC1 up as a NAT router, then there is probably a
configuration problem
of some sort. Please report back if this is the case.

- Andreas

(spam-protected) wrote:

>I installed the olsr 0.8.1-package with installer.
>
>Settings (PC1):
>
>LAN:
>IP: 172.16.154.101
>Sub: 255.255.255.0
>Gateway: 172.16.154.253
>DNS1: 172.16.90.251
>DNS2: 172.16.90.252
>
>WLAN:
>IP: 192.168.1.1
>Sub: 255.255.255.0
>
>OLSR with standard-settings, Internet-sharing enable, only wlan interface
>checkbox ticked
>
>Settings (PC2):
>WLAN:
>IP: 192.168.1.2
>Sub: 255.255.255.0
>
>When I start OLSR, it correctly sets 192.168.1.1 as gateway
>
>>From PC2 i can ping PC1 (over WLAN), but I cannot access the internet. I
>think PC1 does not route.
>

>What should I do?
>

>greetz Daniel

Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail