[OLSR-users] OLSR and bluetooth

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Fri Dec 30 12:07:09 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 19:26 +0100, Kosta Welke wrote:
> Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
[...]
> >>  - node discovery would be done outside of OLSR
> > "node" as in "host" or as in "all host at one place/LAN/site"?
> > olsrd broadcasts requests so that is the way of neighbour detection.
>
> Yes, but in order to broadcast on the IP interface, you need to create
> it, for which you need to have discovered the neighbour.

Now that that is roaming the back of my head: Neighbour detection is
IMHJO generally a layer 2 issue: you can't detect your neighbours with
IP [0] but must broadcast on the layer below (i.e. on the MAC layer in
the ethernet world) to get (all) neighbours.

	Bernd

[0]: With IP broadcasts you find nodes in the broadcast range but not
     all neighbours.
          Embedded Linux Development and Services