[OLSR-users] OLSR and bluetooth

Bernd Petrovitsch (spam-protected)
Wed Dec 28 17:57:25 CET 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-25 at 19:26 +0100, Kosta Welke wrote:
> Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
[...]
> >>  - node discovery would be done outside of OLSR
> > "node" as in "host" or as in "all host at one place/LAN/site"?
> > olsrd broadcasts requests so that is the way of neighbour detection.
>
> Yes, but in order to broadcast on the IP interface, you need to create
> it, for which you need to have discovered the neighbour.

Not in general (e.g. not on ethernet and AFAICT not in WLAN world).
And since each node knows the IP networks in the mesh net, it can
configure a proper IP address and sent broadcasts

> So, I assume using OLSR with bluetooth is, at the moment, impossible?

You can't simply configure an network interface on the bluetooth device?

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services