[OLSR-users] Re: OLSRd configuration with multiple channels

aaron (spam-protected)
Sun Aug 14 19:53:49 CEST 2005

Jose,

  at least in the EU 802.11a seems to be ok.. because they allowed for
1Watt outdoor (but stay away from radars)
So I _guess_ that 802.11a should be really ok actually. But I would be
happy if anybody has some more experience on it.

> I thought to use channel 1 and 4 because the channels from 6,8 and 10
> are all used by people that must be crazy: they are using 1W amplifiers

Another experience: if people don't use channels 1-4 then
maybe there is a reason for it: bad SNR ;-)

In Vienna amateur radio is allowed to broadcast their TV test signal on 2.4GHz
(channel 5-9) and they are allowed to use high power amplifiers. So nobody
else can use channel 5-9.

cheers,
aaron.