[OLSR-users] OLSRd configuration with multiple channels

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa (spam-protected)
Fri Aug 12 23:39:13 CEST 2005

aaron wrote:

>I am just repeating now what people told me again and again:
>never attach the cable output of one antenna to the input of another
>directly. the receiver is quite sensitive.
>
>so a simple T connector for me sounds like just that: problems :)

Well, not a simple  T connector, I was thinking on this:

http://www.hyperlinktech.com/web/signal_splitters_2400_2way.php

But I have never tried it, and I don't want to try and burn my radios if
somebody else have good information on this topic.

>>Cool.  One more question on this: I plan to implement that like this:
>>
>>Card1--"out1"--+                     +--"out1"--Antenna1
>>              +-single LMR400 cable-+
>>Card2--"out2"--+                     +--"out2"--Antenna2
>>
>>Sorry about the poor ascii art :( .  In that graph there are two
>>splitters, one acting as a mixer, and the other splitting.  Will that
>>work? (I have never done anything like that).  Each of the antennas will
>>be about 120º apart (they are 14º panels).  There may be a third antenna
>>

>if you can describe "mixer" and splitter in more detail i - maybe
>- could answer. but i am not a 100% pro on physical signal stuff (layer 1,2)

I don't know if a impedance matched splitter will work as a mixer :-S .
If I think of it as a transformer, it could be, but, I don't think that
thos things have a transformer because they pass DC..... to bad that I
don't have one of these to disassemble and look (well, I do have one,
but I'm not sure if I can put that together again :-S ).

>>for "local" coverage.  well, I'll not redact all of that again, here is
>>the question I asked in another group (still no answer from them, and I
>>want to double check this).
>>
>>Antenna1 will be "aiming" to one node that is located at one moutain,
>>say, 150º east of true north, and the other to another node that is
>>

>>Maybe, but will olsr work with non-wireless interfaces?  If yes, can I
>>have "local network" nodes plus the wireless ones? if yes: wow!
>>

>yes, olsrd is level 3
>yes, it is wow :)

Cool.