[OLSR-users] segmentation fault when there are no neighbors
Thu Apr 28 14:10:08 CEST 2005
Thanks for your quick response. The dot_draw plugin is enabled in the
configuration file /etc/olsrd.conf by means of something like the
Simply remove or comment out these lines, then restart olsrd and see
whether it still crashes. If it doesn't, then we know that it IS the
Now, whether olsrd crashes or not, put the lines back in and let's see
where exactly the crash happens. This can be done as follows:
* Go into the "olsrd-current" directory.
* Say "make OS=linux uberclean" to remove the current build.
* Say "make OS=linux" to rebuild olsrd.
* DO NOT say "make install" as this will remove the strip information
* Say "ulimit -c unlimited" so that olsrd will dump core once it crashes.
* Say "./olsrd -d 9" to run the olsrd binary that we have just compiled
from the current directory (without installing it) and wait for olsrd to
* Send me "./olsrd" and the resulting "./core" file. I'll then be able
to find out where the crash happens.
You have not only used "make install" but also "make install_libs" when
installing olsrd, haven't you? Otherwise you'd possibly end up using the
latest version of olsrd with older plugins (libs), which may make olsrd
More information about the Olsr-users