[OLSR-users] segmentation fault when there are no neighbors

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Thu Apr 28 14:10:08 CEST 2005

Robert,

Thanks for your quick response. The dot_draw plugin is enabled in the
configuration file /etc/olsrd.conf by means of something like the
following lines:

LoadPlugin "olsrd_dot_draw.so.0.3"
{
   [...]
}

Simply remove or comment out these lines, then restart olsrd and see
whether it still crashes. If it doesn't, then we know that it IS the
dot_draw plugin.

Now, whether olsrd crashes or not, put the lines back in and let's see
where exactly the crash happens. This can be done as follows:

* Go into the "olsrd-current" directory.

* Say "make OS=linux uberclean" to remove the current build.

* Say "make OS=linux" to rebuild olsrd.

* DO NOT say "make install" as this will remove the strip information
from olsrd.

* Say "ulimit -c unlimited" so that olsrd will dump core once it crashes.

* Say "./olsrd -d 9" to run the olsrd binary that we have just compiled
from the current directory (without installing it) and wait for olsrd to
crash.

* Send me "./olsrd" and the resulting "./core" file. I'll then be able
to find out where the crash happens.

You have not only used "make install" but also "make install_libs" when
installing olsrd, haven't you? Otherwise you'd possibly end up using the
latest version of olsrd with older plugins (libs), which may make olsrd
crash.

-Thomas