[OLSR-users] Creating openwrt firmware bin

Henrion Benjamin (spam-protected)
Wed Apr 13 19:26:10 CEST 2005

Sven-Ola Tuecke <(spam-protected)> [050413]:
> Hey John,
>
> that's not a big deal. The symlinks will be overwritten (remember: the
> OpenWRT ipkg uses tar to extract the data.tgz, this will overwrite symlinks
> with new content. Drawback: You will use more space. Advantage: Just run
> firstboot to get rid of installed new versions).
>
> Custmized openwrt-squashfs *with* olsrd is available here:
> http://ff-firmware.sourceforge.net/ (To install a newer olsrd just issue
> "ipkg install /tmp/your-olsrd.ipk").

Nice to hear from Freifunk. We had a meeting yesterday in Brussels
dedicated to organise an OLSR testing day.

Does the ff-firmware tested on all versions of WRT54G (ver 1.0, 1.1,
2.0, 2.2, 3.0)?

It would be nice to have all versions supported...

Can you document this firmware creation on an openwrt wiki page?

--
Benjamin Henrion <(spam-protected)>
http://bh.udev.org