[OLSR-users] Willingness not taken into account in route table

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Sat Apr 9 10:21:27 CEST 2005

Willingness is only used for MPR selection. The only effect willingness
it has on route calculation is that no routes are set up via a neighbor
declaring WILL_NEVER. I've got nexthop routing based on willingness
on my to-do list, so it might be part of 0.4.10.

- Andreas

Frédéric DELAUNAY wrote:
> here's a picture to see topology
> Fred
>
> Frédéric DELAUNAY a écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here's my topologie using ethernet.
>>                              10.0.3
>>                            .1       .2
>>                            /           \
>>                          /               \
>> 10.0.1.2--- HUB               HUB ---- 10.0.4.1
>>                           \              /
>>                             \          /
>>                              .1      .2
>>                              10.0.2
>>
>> So two nodes with two interfaces. By default 10.0.4.1 and 10.0.1.2
>> choose 10.0.3.x node as MPR. I set Willingness at 7 (ALWAYS) on node
>> 10.0.2.x. 10.0.3.x Willingness is 3. For information I can see that
>> information on all nodes.
>>
>> on node 10.0.4.1, olsrd-gui in MAIN display 10.0.2.2 as MPR. But there
>> are no change in my route table. And effectively all trafic goes
>> through 10.0.3.x. When I disconnect 10.0.3.x node, trafic goes though
>> 10.0.2.x, but as soon as I replug 10.0.3. trafic goes back to that node.
>>
>> is that a bug ?
>>
>> thanks,

Andreas Tønnesen
http://www.olsr.org