[OLSR-users] Willingness not taken into account in route table

Frédéric DELAUNAY (spam-protected)
Mon Apr 11 09:52:34 CEST 2005

hi, happy monday :)
Andreas Tønnesen a écrit :

> Willingness is only used for MPR selection.

yes of course, a node with WILL_ALWAYS should be selected as MPR during
the MPR selection. right ?

> The only effect willingness it has on route calculation is that no
> routes are set up via a neighbor
> declaring WILL_NEVER.

MPR selection implies route calculation, all routes to more than 1 hop
neighbor will pass trough MPR... I have two nodes, one WILL_ALWAYS
(10.0.2) and the other WILL_DEFAULT (10.0.3). So the (10.0.2) node
should be selected as MPR and then all trafic should go through that
node... if (10.0.2) is selected as MPR, it should figured in the route
table of node (10.0.4).. right ?

I have maybe not understood what you said. Do you speak about olsrd or
rfc 3626 ? I hope you speak about olsrd, who do not include yet all
fonctions descibe in RFC ... Because if you speak about the RFC, I have
not undestood it :-p

Thanks Andreas
Fred