[OLSR-users] some problem about olsrd-0.4.9

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 5 09:43:27 CEST 2005

Hey,

there is no real problem with the dyn-gw plugin. John may correct his build
environment or refrain from using the OpenWRT experimental stuff until
things settled. With the not-so-experminental OpenWRT buildroot and *with* a
correct complied libpthread installed, there should be no SEGV.

He may also use my "plain" dyn-gw. Heres a resend of my original post to
olsrd-dev:

<CITE>
the normal dyngw plugin has a lot of disadvantages. It will need libthread
and the ping test normally only works if a default route is present. But:
the normal default route will disturb the routing through the box to other
HNA inet gws. To overcome this, you need to add a "policy routing" default
route with iproute2 in order to bring the normal dyngw ping test into live.

For this reason, I'll use a very plain version of dyngw with my next
freifunk-firmware release. Default-Route (without policy rule) will *always*
announce HNA4. I'll use a cron job/daemon script to switch the standard
default route on or off.

If someone is interested, you may have a look at my olsrd hacks available
here:
http://styx.commando.de/sven-ola/freifunk-olsrd.patch.gz
</CITE>

Regards,