[OLSR-users] some problem about olsrd-0.4.9

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 5 14:13:49 CEST 2005

Oooops, I should have known that Andreas has already replied. :-)

> Could you run olsrd in the GNU debugger? To start do:
> gdb olsrd
>
> Then if olsrd crashes you do:
>
> bt
> and send back the information this outputs.

With this method, still make sure that you do all this on a
non-installed olsrd. Simply compile and run the resulting executable
from inside the olsrd-0.4.9 directory. Once you install the executable,
the debug information will be stripped off, so the output of "bt" will
be a bit harder to comprehend.

I personally still prefer the core dump method outlined in my previous
e-mail, as this allows for a post mortem analysis of the full state of
the crashed process.

-Thomas