[OLSR-users] some problem about olsrd-0.4.9

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Tue Apr 5 06:52:32 CEST 2005

Andreas-
  There's definitely something awry.  dyn_gw works fine on original WRT54G
builds, but the newer build it will not run.  I removed the -lpthread from
the Makefile and sent it out, and I get the same segfault as soon as it tries
to load the plugin.
  I don't have a router anywhere near me to test on:  I'm in new orleans, and
all of the routers are in Kansas.  I drove 14 hours to get here, so I'm a
little loathe to drive back right away...  Unfortunately, I don't have gdb
loaded on any of the routers, either, and since they're in production, I'd
rather not monkey too much with them.  I've discovered that if you make
massive changes to jffs, the router will not reboot (soft boot) properly, and
you have to hard (power cycle) boot it.  Since that involves a person
climbing into a 50 year old attic at an hourly rate, I try not to do it.
  I can give you a copy of the binary firmware I'm running on the new routers,
if you'd like.  Perhaps you could load it onto one of yours and test with it.
Sorry to be a pain.  I only need dyn_gw on two routers, and both of them are
the old firmware, so it's not a showstopper for me.
  BTW, the current ipkg file is based on the CVS from a few days ago.  I ran
another CVS update tonight and the only change in the tree was the release
notes.  If the current CVS is what you released, then I'm just going to leave
the .ipkg up on the ab0oo feed.  Let me know.

John Gorkos