[OLSR-users] OpenWRT experimental and OLSR

Thomas Lopatic (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 1 19:10:31 CEST 2005

Hi John,

[...]

> I had some stability issues with the last CVS build I made, the daemon would
> sometimes die silently.

Would it be possible to run an unstripped executable and make it dump
core? I guess that doing something like "ulimit -c 10240 ; olsrd" will
do the job. It would be great if you could then send me you unstripped
executable and the core dump.

I'd love to see where the crash happens. We now know that 0.4.8 contains
quite some show stoppers in the link quality code. 0.4.9 fixes those
that are known to us. However, you seem to have found a new one. Time to
investigate this for 0.4.10.

Oh, BTW, when exactly did you check out the source code from CVS?

[...]

> Finally, I've noticed that the load average on my core router is down
> significantly with the new executable.  Before, it would run ay .40-.55, now
> it barely registers.  Was there an errant loop that was sucking clock cycles
> before?

No, just embarrassingly bad algorithms. :-)

-Thomas