[OLSR-users] OpenWRT experimental and OLSR

John Gorkos (spam-protected)
Fri Apr 1 19:56:27 CEST 2005

Well....  the problem is that I run it on my core takeout router (I have two
gateways, but this one is the most heavily loaded), and the way I know that
it dies is when customers start calling me to complain that their internet
service is down.  So I'm not entirely inclined to do a lot of testing with
it.  However, I _will_ run the latest CVS code (checked out yesterday) in a
non-stripped mode in an effort to find the culprit.
  I've discovered that, after spending hundreds of hours writing scripts to
constantly monitor the status of my wireless network, that the customers are
the best early warning system I could ask for.  Plus, when I can immediately
fix what's broken, I gain the aura of a computer uber-god who can make the
internet appear at will.  It tends to counter-act the "Why am I paying good
money for crappy service" questions...
Stay tuned for updates on the latest cvs.4.9 build performance in the
real-world.  BTW, I don't use LQ, just hysterisis.

John Gorkos