[OLSR-users] Convincing olsr to select better routes

Amit Kucheria (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 30 18:27:57 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 02:55, Michael Bauer wrote:

> Now my question: is there any way we can convince the olsrd to select
> the routes via the (more hop, but better quality) directional route,
> instead of the omni route (few hops, bad quality)? We set willingness on
> the omnis to 1 and on directionals to 7, but that did not help.

Certainly possible. But instead of forcing OLSR to behave differently
(from the RFC), how about adding an extension that gets RSSI from the
WLAN card. If this value is below a certain threshold, dont consider the
link in route calculations (give it less priority).

Regards,
Amit