[OLSR-users] Convincing olsr to select better routes

aaron (spam-protected)
Thu Sep 30 22:26:45 CEST 2004

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Amit Kucheria wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 02:55, Michael Bauer wrote:
>
>> Now my question: is there any way we can convince the olsrd to select
>> the routes via the (more hop, but better quality) directional route,
>> instead of the omni route (few hops, bad quality)? We set willingness on
>> the omnis to 1 and on directionals to 7, but that did not help.
>
> Certainly possible. But instead of forcing OLSR to behave differently
> (from the RFC), how about adding an extension that gets RSSI from the
> WLAN card. If this value is below a certain threshold, dont consider the
> link in route calculations (give it less priority).

yes, but how do you deal with non-wlan interfaces?
should it be like that?:

if (interface_type == wlan)
   read_signal_strenght_stats();
   if (stats < threshold)
     ignore_this_interface();

?

I guess this sounds like a nice --parameter startup option.