[OLSR-users] Mips-Processor: Plugins will SEGV

Jens Nachtigall (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 3 14:40:32 CET 2004

> in case someone still need it :
> http://www.paris-sansfil.fr/~thus/src/openwrt/dl/patch-o-matic-200409
>16.tar.bz2 to be dowloaded in buildroot/sources/dl
>
> plugins are also segment fault'ing here on wrt54g with recent
> "officials" openwrt snapshot or my own openwrt +
> patch-o-matic-20041009.tar.bz2

Thanks. I could track it down a bit. Compiling olsrd with the latest
openwrt toolchain (cvs) and running it on a wrt54gs with the image
openwrt-2004-09-15/openwrt-gs-code.bin works ok (i.e. no segfault).

Installing the latest image (cvs) as describe on
http://openwrt.org/userguide.html gives me the segfault when loading
the plugins. Then again installing the bin image from 15th sep, and

Maybe someone could try to reproduce this. You'll have to install the
openwrt-gs-code.bin from 2004-09-15. You find it here:
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~nachtiga/bugs/openwrt-2004-09-15.tar.bz2

Looking at
http://openwrt.org/downloads/snapshots/ChangeLog
you can see what changes have been happen since 15th Sep., esp on the
19th. I think one of these introduced the error:
2004-09-19  mbm

 * sources/uClibc.config, sources/openwrt/busybox/busybox.config:

 update busybox/uclibc configs for newer snapshots

2004-09-19  mbm

 * Makefile, make/uclibc.mk, sources/uClibc-sigaction.patch,
   sources/openwrt/kernel/diag.c:

 update to newer snapshots, avoid 404 errors durring build

The bug was first reported on 5th of Oct
(http://www.olsr.org/pipermail/olsr-users/2004-October/000233.html) for
a meshcube.

Jens