[OLSR-users] Mips-Processor: Plugins will SEGV

Sven-Ola Tuecke (spam-protected)
Wed Nov 3 11:21:04 CET 2004

Hi Jens,

if it works for you, you should see the following messages if you start up
olsrd on OpenWRT:

Library: olsrd_dyn_gw.so.0.1
OLSRD dynamic gateway plugin 0.1 by Andreas Tønnesen
Checking plugin interface version.... 1 - OK
Trying to fetch plugin IO function....OK
Trying to fetch register function....OK
Running registration function...

If this is the case, I'am interested in your olsrd IPK build script.

P.S: The plugin problem has something to do with overlapping variable
scopes. Thomas is actually working on that issue with some debugging help
from me. This morning I am able to compile a version of olsrd-0.4.7 which is
actually running with dyn_gw on my 172.16.100.4 device without any oopses...

Sven-Ola

"Jens Nachtigall" <(spam-protected)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> yes, this is really strange.

I'd like just to tune in and say that it works for me, ie no segfault:
 - Openwrt built from openwrt-2004-09-15
 - Openwrt toolchain from  buildroot-20040509

Unfortunately, it is not possible to build openwrt from a new source
tree at the moment, because
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/patch-o-matic/snapshot/patch-o-matic-20040916.tar.bz2
cannot be find anymore (maybe someone could not that file from
buildroot/sources/dl)

Anyway, there was already someone in the older thread saying that he did
not have this segfault -- so I think it is not olsrd related, making
this difficult to track

Jens