[OLSR-users] Long shoot test

Andreas Tønnesen (spam-protected)
Wed Jun 23 00:33:23 CEST 2004

Hi,

We saw the same stuff happen at the test at WoS3. But it's hard for me
to recreate it here... But hopefully 0.4.5 takes care of it.

HELLO interval is set staically. So if you wan fewer messages to be
emitted you will have to set this in the config file. You could
however write a plugin that changes the intervals dynamically.
But it's very hard to say what parameters you should consider when
adjusting the intervals. Remember that HELLOS are not unicased over
links - they are broadcasted. So if slowing down the HELLOS is based
on fixed links the discovery of new(and lost) neighbors will suffer.

- Andreas

Gilles Douillet wrote:
> Hello olsr users,
>

> This Sunday in Liege (Belgium) we have made a long shoot test using OLSR
> with six nodes.
>
> The distance between each node was approximately 5 kms.  What can I say
> about it, is that sometimes, in the GUI  (or using ip route sh) the routes
> disappear sometimes and went back 5 to 10 seconds later.
>

> After a while, I tested with some nodes the USE_HYSTERESIS set to NO and
> routes stay longer but still disappear sometimes.
>

> I know that OLSR is link state and not on demand like AODV, but is it
> possible to instruct dynamically OSLR to reduce the HELLO messages depending
> on the link state between two nodes?
>

> Regards,
>

> Gilles
>

> PS: If anyone is interested, I can prepare a better report, with exact
> distance and topology

Andreas Tønnesen((spam-protected))
UniK University Graduation Center
University of Oslo