[OLSR-users] Long shoot test

Gilles Douillet (spam-protected)
Tue Jun 22 14:13:33 CEST 2004

Hello olsr users,

This Sunday in Liege (Belgium) we have made a long shoot test using OLSR
with six nodes.

The distance between each node was approximately 5 kms.  What can I say
about it, is that sometimes, in the GUI  (or using ip route sh) the routes
disappear sometimes and went back 5 to 10 seconds later.

After a while, I tested with some nodes the USE_HYSTERESIS set to NO and
routes stay longer but still disappear sometimes.

I know that OLSR is link state and not on demand like AODV, but is it
possible to instruct dynamically OSLR to reduce the HELLO messages depending
on the link state between two nodes?

Regards,

Gilles

PS: If anyone is interested, I can prepare a better report, with exact
distance and topology